SUMMARY Serves as lead engineer for BKV Group on assigned projects by performing the following duties.
As a member of the Engineering discipline for BKV Group, this position represents the Engineering discipline in the current and future service development process and programs to serve the firm’s clients. Duties include the following and other duties may be assigned:
• Meet with BKV Group clients to review owner engineering needs and prepare options for owner review and direction.
• Analyzes the design requirements, specifications, and performance requirements to determine the best and most appropriate designs to meet customer expectations, code requirements, and all life and safety considerations.
• Determines feasibility of designing new facility engineering systems or modifying existing systems considering cost, available space, time limitations, company planning, and other technical factors.
• Provides technical information concerning advantages and limitations which affect long range facility and space planning.
• Confers openly and directly in a respectful and professional manner with other personnel to clarify or resolve problems and develop design.
• Prepares or directs preparation of calculations and designs for engineering systems and detailed drawings.
• Compiles and analyzes operation, test, and research data to establish performance standards for newly designed or modified designs.
• Provides leadership and work direction for Engineers in Training, Junior Engineers, and Designers working on assigned projects.
• Signs and seals engineering plans and specifications for assigned projects.
• Responsible for discipline budgets on assigned projects.
• Perform the necessary disciplinary work on assigned projects.
• Maintains appropriate records and files on assigned projects.
• Maintains a free flow of communications with the Partner-In-Charge and the Project Manager, as well as other Firm members relative to the activities on assigned projects.
• Responsible for the design process coordination of the engineering discipline with other discipline leaders.
• Responsible for the technical accuracy and completeness of the engineering documentation for assigned projects.
• Must have four years college or university degree; or four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Professional license required.
• 10 to 15 years related experience.
• Must be fluent in reading, writing, and speaking the English language.
• Must have ability to write reports and business correspondence. Excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Must have the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, and the general public.
• Must be proficient in AutoCAD, Revit, and Microsoft Office Suite.
About BKV Group
BKV Group is a holistic design firm providing a full complement of architecture, engineering, interior design, landscape architecture and construction administration services. Since 1978, BKV Group has grown from a sole proprietorship into a diverse partnership serving clients nationwide, earning national design awards and exposure. BKV Group strives to develop creative, innovative solutions in our primary market sectors of multifamily housing, government, corporate, hospitality and education. For more information, visit www.bkvgroup.com.